Giuseppe Pellegrini (Ph.D., Sociology 2004) teaches Innovation, Technology and Society at the University of Trento. His main research interests are related to the study of science, technology and society issues. In this area of investigation, a specific attention he devoted to public engagement and public communication. His methodological skills are both qualitative and quantitative. He leads the Italian research team of the European project CONCISE and PERSIST studying the public perception of science and technology. He is the president of Observa Science in Society and members of the Public Communication on Science and Technology network.
- Pellegrini G. (2019), Prosocial Behaviour, Altruism and Agapic Action: a Study of the Young Italian Generations, Sociologia, LIII, 1, 66-70.
- Pellegrini G. (2020), Coronavirus and public communication: the role of experts and decision-makers in the view of the public, in Overabounding and Society, SocONe Pub.
- Entradas M, Bauer MW, O’Muircheartaigh C, Marcinkowski F, Okamura A, Pellegrini G, et al. (2020) Public communication by research institutes compared across countries and sciences: Building capacity for engagement or competing for visibility? PLoS ONE 15(7): e0235191. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0235191
- Pellegrini G. (2021) Evaluating Science Communication: Concepts and Tools for Realistic Assessment, Routledge UK
- Brondi S., Pellegrini G. (2021) Comunicazione pubblica della scienza: fonti, fiducia e credibilità. I risultati di un’esperienza di coinvolgimento dei cittadini